This week, Michael Jackson, otherwise known as the “King of Pop,” would have celebrated his 60th birthday. Friends, fellow artists, and fans from around the world paid tribute to the pop icon. Here at Xyza, we’re paying tribute by sharing five interesting things about the man who many believe changed the way music videos were made, started trends, and reignited the once dying music industry.
1. He sold over 750 million albums and won the most awards of any artist: twenty-three Guinness World Records, forty Billboard Awards, thirteen Grammys, and twenty-six American Music Awards.
2. He has two Hollywood Walk of Fame stars. Why? One for himself and one for when he was a part of the group The Jackson 5.
3. The year after he passed away, he made approximately $1 billion.
4. He often wore a black armband to remind people of the children suffering around the world.
5. He loved animals. His most famous pet was his chimpanzee named Bubbles.